Freitag, 5. Dezember 2014

Consuming Kids - 28.11.2014


Children come first.

Children influence a great amount of spending money. They have a lot of power, by begging their parents to buy them stuff. Often children succeed, but make their parents miserable. Marketers know about that influence children have, and use this for their business. Now everywhere in our environment are advertisements to persuade, mostly children, to get more stuff. Children are too easily to persuade because they don’t have enough intelligent yet to understand the whole intention of the advertisements.

Before watching this documentary, I didn’t know that children have a so big impact on the economy and business in our world. I need to admit, that the marketers are very clever by using the children for helping selling their products. Children are an important source for consuming. Now days many companies are creating lots of things that children like to get their attention.

I know that children are good in begging, because I always convinced my brother to ask our parents for something, if I would do my parents maybe won’t give me anything, but if a little child asks no one can say no.  Nevertheless, I am not happy that the marketers use the unknowledge of children for their own good. Children are too young to know the value of money. They harm us, children, by teaching us that life is about buying and getting more stuff. I now learned that life is way complicated than it already was. The mean, but clever trick from the marketers show me that I AM still a child because I’m still falling into their advertising-traps.

In the documentary, people argued about ‘no advertising to young children’ which after watching a short documentary clip I found that as a really good idea. But how bad is the effect of advertisements to young children actually facing our world? More information and with a map about the different areas and their percentages of children that get affected would help to get a better view on this topic. But if the main problem is the unknowledge of children, why don’t we teach them and protect them? If that could happen, it would be much harder to persuade young children.



1 Kommentar:

  1. 3.5/4 - well written and some good personal reflection as well as an idea of what more information you would need to answer some of the questions you pose. What might be some possible scenarios if this doesn't stop? What can be done to stop/change this issue? What courses of action can be taken?

    AntwortenLöschen